History of The JDQ Building
The Johnson, Depp & Quisenberry Consulting Engineering firm began business in 1936 as Johnson & Depp. The JDQ Building (as the property was renamed in 2017) is located at 2625 Frederica Street in Owensboro, Kentucky. The building was constructed in 1958 using a new construction technique called “lift-slab”. The 12,000 sf+ building initially housed Johnson, Depp & Quisenberry Consulting Engineers and Max Bisson Architecture firm. The property consists of just under 2 acres, which includes a 12,000 sf Mid-Century Modern office building and an 8,600 squad foot building, JDQ East, on the east end of the property.
When The JDQ Building was constructed, it was near the edge of town. It now sits in the middle of Owensboro, across from the newly-renovated Wesleyan Park Plaza.